Azimut Exploration Inc. (Stock Symbols – TSXV: AZM, OTCMKTS: AZMTF) is focused on acquisition, exploration, and evaluation of mineral properties in Canada.
The company explores for copper, gold, silver, cobalt, tungsten, rare earth elements, uranium, chromium, nickel, and platinum group elements.
Nunavik, located in Northern Quebec, is the home of the company’s largest exploration assets.
The company’s polymetallic prospects in Nunavik include:
- Rex – This company asset is located in Northern Quebec and covers 488 square kilometers. Azimut has two main zones on this property.
- The RBL Zone which runs approximately 3 kilometers long and 50 to 200 meters wide. The maximum grade of copper from grab samples was 11.3%.
- The CM Zone runs approximately 2.5 kilometers long by 50 – 100 meters wide. Grab samples found a maximum grade of 4.3% copper. Drilling found anomalous cobalt, tungsten, barium, maganese, phosphorus, and iron.
- Other areas of the property demonstrated additional prospects including copper, gold, silver, tungsten, molybdenum, rhenium, barium, cobalt, REE, and bismuth.
- Duquet – This property was acquired from Osisko Gold Royalties, Newmont Northern Mining, and SOQUEM in 2015. Duquet is surrounded by the Rex property noted above. Azimut Exploration notes that this property hosts pertinent gold and copper mineralization.
- Gold grab samples include – 74.75 g/t, 56.78 g/t, 34.29 g/t
- Silver grab samples – 552.9 g/t, 331 g/t, 64 g/t over 1.5 meters
- Copper grab samples – 10.38%, 6.4% over 1.5 meters
- Rex South – A 100% owned property covering 633 square kilometers. Azimut has five zones on this property.
- Augossan Zone – Prospective for copper, tungsten, silver, and gold.
- Anorthosite Zone – South of Augossan, and with the same prospects including Tellurium.
- Copperton Zone – Southwest of Anorthosite, this zone is prospective for cobalt in addition to the above elements.
- Aura-Pegor Zone – Prospective for gold, copper, tungsten, bismuth, and tellurium.
- Jemima Zone – Grab samples found copper, molybdenum and rhenium.
- NCG – 100% owned by Azimut Exploration, this property is also prospective for gold, silver, copper, tungsten, molybdenum, and rhenium.
- Diana – Potential nickel and cobalt property northwest of the town of Kuujjuaq.
- Qassituq – Wholly owned by the company, this property has potential for platinum group elements, copper and gold.
The company’s uranium prospect in the area is:
- North Rae – The company has 1 claim on this 0.45 kilometers square property in the Ungava Bay region.
The company’s gold prospect in Nunavik is:
- Nantais – 100% owned by the company, this property consists of 286 claims and is just under 20.8 square kilometers.
The company is headquartered in Longueuil, Canada.
The Azimut Exploration group is full of discussions, presentations, and company announcements. If you’re looking to be engaged, this is the place for it!
Discuss the company in more detail and dive deeper into organized conversations in the Azimut Exploration forum.
Sorry, you don't have access to additional content without a membership. Sign Up Today!
If you are already a member, please sign in to access your content.